On a beautiful day in Paris there is no better a place than an enormous cemetery to get lost in...literally. I believe it took me about one hour to find the tomb I was searching for, and I have list about ten deaths long. I'll have to go back, I suppose. Nonetheless, it is an amazing place, filled with some of the greats: Oscar Wilde, Moliere, Edith Piaf, Chopin... Jim Morrison (his name looks so out of place). I am starting to feel that my theme this year is death (by the way, it has nothing to do with watching Six Feet Under all of the time with Jacques). But, rather that I would really like to visit the cemeteries of all of my favorite writers and artists. I am certainly not trying to be dark and morose, there is just something to be said about standing next to their graves; they become real as opposed to just names in/on a book...
mardi 16 septembre 2008
Pere Lachaise
On a beautiful day in Paris there is no better a place than an enormous cemetery to get lost in...literally. I believe it took me about one hour to find the tomb I was searching for, and I have list about ten deaths long. I'll have to go back, I suppose. Nonetheless, it is an amazing place, filled with some of the greats: Oscar Wilde, Moliere, Edith Piaf, Chopin... Jim Morrison (his name looks so out of place). I am starting to feel that my theme this year is death (by the way, it has nothing to do with watching Six Feet Under all of the time with Jacques). But, rather that I would really like to visit the cemeteries of all of my favorite writers and artists. I am certainly not trying to be dark and morose, there is just something to be said about standing next to their graves; they become real as opposed to just names in/on a book...
Inscription à :
Publier les commentaires (Atom)
1 commentaire:
Garden Friends misses you in the fall Sarah. The leaves are just starting to turn, I rode through a wind gust and fallen leaves this morning on my new bike with the baby, it was my first moment of the approaching season. Can you believe it? Me on a bike? I will send pictures later. xoxo
Enregistrer un commentaire